Books That I have Read So Far....

  • I haven't read any more books cuz I'm dedicating my free time to learning the ukulele
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
  • The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
  • A Long Way Gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
  • Night by Elie Wiesel
  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan
  • Finding Fish by Antwone Q. Fisher
  • The Memory Keeper´s Daughter by Kim Edwards
  • The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • The World According to Garp by John Irving
  • Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen

Friday, September 21, 2007

All is well!

Hey Guys!

This has to be short but I just wanted to say that everything is great! I officially moved to my site on Sunday the 16th. So far I have been working mainly in the escuela and colegio (the school and the high school). I will be helping out with english classes in both schools and the environmental conservation projects that are going on in the high school. I am going to try to start an english class for adults by mid October. The current volunteer who is going to be leaving in about a week has been really great. She has introduced me to a lot of important people and has shown me around Pejibaye. Right now we are in the nearest big city called Turrialba and she has been showing me around. I bought a hammock today which I am so excited about! Now I can sit in it and read in my spare time! I will upload more pictures soon I promise. I wanted to mention that my mailing address will remain the same for now. I can make it into San Jose to pick up my mail from time to time. There is a post office in Turrialba but I dont know if I will get a PO box here just yet.

I miss everyone at Penn State! I have heard that the football team is doing pretty well, we beat Notre Dame which is awesome and I bet the place was bonkers. Jean and Barry, I am excited to receive your next letter! Thanks for keeping in touch! Miss you and hope all is well.

More to come soon!

Emily

1 comment:

KberL said...

Emily,
Haven't heard any info about you lately, but gald i took the time to search you out. How exciting your life seems! I will write you and catch up! Love you always.
Kimberly and Jeff and Kids