Books That I have Read So Far....

  • I haven't read any more books cuz I'm dedicating my free time to learning the ukulele
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
  • The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
  • A Long Way Gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
  • Night by Elie Wiesel
  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan
  • Finding Fish by Antwone Q. Fisher
  • The Memory Keeper´s Daughter by Kim Edwards
  • The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • The World According to Garp by John Irving
  • Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Some photos of mom´s visit


Us on the couch at my house


Canopy tour in Monteverde



Bulls on the beach in Playa Samara

4 comments:

Skylar said...

Hi Emily. My name is Skylar and I work for a non-profit organzation, AIDE, that sends volunteers to Costa Rica. I was wondering if you had any need for short-term (2-4 weeks) volunteers at your Peace Corps site.

Check AIDE out at www.aideabroad.org

You can reach me at skylar@aideabroad.org if you think that we might be able to work together.

I look forward to your response!

Virginia said...

Hi Emily,
This is your neighbor Virginia. I check out your blog every now and then to see how you're doing, and I see you're doing well. Email me sometime(It's my first and last name at msn.) Mrs. Brangwin has a blog and would like here from you too. God bless you! Bye!

KberL said...

Emily,
Haven't heard any info about you lately, but gald i took the time to search you out. How exciting your life seems! I will write you and catch up! Love you always.
Kimberly and Jeff and Kids

Some how this got posted on a later blog! SLB is my favorite read this year, have you read the Glass Castel? My Fav.Love to send it to you.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!!

CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT AND WE HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. We LOVE YOU.
Aunt Suzanne, Uncle Rob, Sarah and Toby!!!!