Books That I have Read So Far....

  • I haven't read any more books cuz I'm dedicating my free time to learning the ukulele
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
  • The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
  • A Long Way Gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
  • Night by Elie Wiesel
  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan
  • Finding Fish by Antwone Q. Fisher
  • The Memory Keeper´s Daughter by Kim Edwards
  • The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • The World According to Garp by John Irving
  • Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen

Friday, May 25, 2007

Hello All!

I have started this blog as a way to keep all of you updated on my life in Costa Rica as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Check in and see what I am doing whenever you want and please please please feel free to write me messages or e-mail me, I would love to hear from all of you!

Talk to you soon!

Emily

7 comments:

Christine O'Neill said...

Hi!

Are you already in the country, or are you leaving with the next group on June 25th?

I'm one of the y-dev trainees leaving on June 25th. Hope to see you there, if you're also in my training group.

Christine
http://christine.livejournal.com

Oliver said...

Emily!

I hope you're enjoying your final days in Duvall for a little while!! I love you and I'm more proud of you then ever!

Oliver

Unknown said...

Hey, I was just talking about you the other day to my boss. He said something about the peace corp and thought of you. I thought you were already there but I guess I was wrong. I really hope everything goes well for you!!!!

Don't worry I will be e-mailing you to see what up.

Have a safe trip!!!!

nadia said...

hey hun!!
have a safe trip and i wish you the best of luck!! i'm looking forward to reading your updates!

nadia

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo excited for you!!! I don't know what else to say because I'm overwhelmed with emotion. We'll keep in touch, and maybe even visit...

Unknown said...

Love you Emily! Don't forget our bet... let me know how many in one month ;) Take care!
Angie

Anonymous said...

Emily!
the corn will not be knee high by the 4th but it is growing!

Deb Worthey has been sent your blog site, she is so proud of you.

I undrstand that Costa Rica is a number 1 tourism favorite destination, how was the mountain retreat? How is ther host family.

Think about you all the time with love
cb