Books That I have Read So Far....

  • I haven't read any more books cuz I'm dedicating my free time to learning the ukulele
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
  • The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
  • A Long Way Gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
  • Night by Elie Wiesel
  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan
  • Finding Fish by Antwone Q. Fisher
  • The Memory Keeper´s Daughter by Kim Edwards
  • The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • The World According to Garp by John Irving
  • Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen

Monday, July 9, 2007

Hey Guys! Man, this first week of training has gone by so fast! On Saturday I went with two other trainees who live in my community to visit a goat farm. The spanish word for Goat is cabra....please integrate this word into your next conversation about animals, haha. Anyway, about the goat farm, one of the trainees in my town lives with a woman who works there so she gave us the grand tour. We got to attempt to milk a goat, which was not successful for me, I guess I just dont have the magic touch. The women who work at the farm sell goats milk, cheese, and yogurt to people in the local communities. It was very interesting and I took some pictures which I will upload soon!

Yesterday I went with my host mom and my 5 year old sister Fiorella to church. It was really interesting to go and just observe, and the church is really beautiful. Later on in the day I went with my host mom, dad, and brother to a quinceanera. This is a birthday party that girls have when they turn 15. Its a HUGE deal here and families go all out for it. So we went, and it was fun, and there was a lot of food, and a piñata, and cake, and my host dad taught me how to dance the cumbia. ayayay!

More to come soon!

Pura Vida!

Emily

No comments: